If you have ever wanted to impersonate “The King” now is the opportunity to dust off your blue suede shoes and show D84 your “hunk o’ love”!
REGISTRATION INFORMATION FOR ELVIS IMPERSONATION CONTEST
- All contestants must be registered for the Conference and the Elvis Contest by Sunday, Mar. 29, 2020. Details to register for the D84 May 2020 conference are at ToastmastersD84.org. Details to register for the Elvis contest are below.
- Contestants should check in for the Conference then at a separate “Elvis” check-in by 3:00 pm onsite, Friday, May 15, 2020.
- All costumes, props and music selection are to be provided by the contestant.
- The number of contestants will cap at the first 10 qualified Elvis contest registrants.
- All contestants must be an active Toastmaster and have a paid conference package.
- No Elvis contestant can compete in the District Humorous Speech contest Fri., May 15, 2020.
- The music will be selected by the contestant. A list of Elvis music will be sent to all qualified contestants by Sunday, April 12, 2020.
- The contestants’ music choice for the Elvis impersonation contest must be submitted to the May 2020 Conference Chairman, CC, Gail Hill Smith no later than Sunday, April 19, 2020.
- A contestant will submit 3 song choices. The final competition song will be determined by the CC based on date stamp of submittal. We will avoid all 10 contestants to have the same song!
- All confirmed contestants will “lip sync/karaoke” 3-4 Elvis songs during the Vegas-style wedding/renewal of vows to be held Fri., May 15, 2020, from 4:40 – 5:45 pm. (The wedding/vows Elvis songs will be determined by Mar. 2020. Music tracks will be sent to qualified contestants to become familiar with all the wedding/vows songs to be sung, as a group, before, during & after the Vegas-style wedding/vows.)
- All confirmed contestants will compete Friday, May 15, 2020, during the banquet dinner portion at the conference. The winners will be announced by the end of the night.
- PRIZES: Prizes will be presented to the top 3 contestants as determined by the Judges. All contestants will receive “Elvis” certificates of participation.
- 25% - Costume (props and visual aids) - Provide own costume/props
- 35% - Song impersonation (lip sync or karaoke) (vocal variety) - Provide music selection
- 40% - Elvis personality (body language) - PG13
REGISTRATION FORM FOR
ELVIS IMPERSONATION CONTEST
Registration is open to the first 10 qualified contestants! To qualify you must:
- Must be an active member of a Toastmaster club.
- Must be registered for the May 15-16, 2020 Conference.
- Submit this completed online form no later than Sunday, Mar. 29, 2020 .